The couple must do the following:
- Come to the Sevier County Clerk/Auditor's Office together.
- Provide identification and proof of age (driver's license, passport, etc.).
- Pay a non-refundable fee of $45. The fee includes one certified copy.
- Marriage licenses are valid 30 days from the date of purchase. Refunds and extensions cannot be granted.
- A marriage license issued in Sevier County may be used anywhere in the state of Utah.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, or follow the procedures below.
- Applicants aged 16 and 17 years must provide a certified birth certificate, have parental consent, AND written authorization from a judge of the court exercising juvenile jurisdiction in the county where either party resides to be married. A parent or legal guardian must give sworn consent in-person at the time of application, and must have proper identification. If the parents of the minor are divorced, consent shall be given by the parent having legal custody of the minor or, in cases where joint custody has been awarded, the parent having physical custody of the minor the majority of the time. If the minor is not in custody of a parent, the legal guardian shall provide the consent and shall provide proof of guardianship by court order.
- Applicants aged 15 years or under cannot obtain a marriage license under current Utah law.
- First cousins may marry if they are 65 years of age or older. If they are between 55 and 64 years of age, the district court in the county where they reside must find that either person is incapable of reproduction in order for them to be married.
- Any persons related to each other within, but not including the fifth degree of consanguinity, except for cousins as stated above, may not be married.
Requesting Certified Copies
Marriage licenses are public information. Copies may be obtained in person at the Clerk / Auditor's Office or by mail. If requesting by mail, please include the following:
- Approximate date of marriage
- Fee ($6 per certified copy / $2 per noncertified copy)
- Name, address, and telephone number of requester
- Name of the applicants at the time the application was made