Obtaining a Building Permit

Work That Requires a Permit
No building shall be erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, converted, or demolished unless a permit for each project has been obtained from the Sevier County Building Department. Failure to obtain the necessary permit prior to beginning work will result in an investigation fee being added to the cost of the permit fee. The investigation fee will be the same as the permit fee, and you will still be charged for the permit (double fee).

Where to Obtain Permits & Related Information
  • City or town zoning permits can be obtained at the applicable city or town office
  • County permits and signature sheets can be obtained from the Building Department or downloaded here:
    250 N. Main St.
    Suite 131
    Richfield, UT 84701
  • Property serial numbers can be obtained from the county recorder's office at:
    250 N. Main St.
    Richfield, UT 84701
    Ph: (435) 893-0411